Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions to make sure that you understand what is involved once you have become a member of the ScotPulse panel.
These Terms and Conditions apply to our digital products and services which include our website (www.scotpulse.com) and the surveys we issue (our “Services”).
Please note that we update our Terms and Conditions from time to time, so please take a fresh read through every so often. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our Services, or by some other means of contact such as email.
Our Services are owned and operated by STV Central Limited a company registered in Scotland with company number SC142179 and having its registered office at Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1PQ (hereinafter referred to as “ScotPulse”).
ScotPulse is Scotland’s first online research panel dedicated to voicing peoples’ opinions on what really matters to them. Once you register to be on the ScotPulse panel via the ScotPulse website you will be invited to take part in various research surveys throughout the year. The surveys may ask questions on a range of topics including television shows, topical issues, new products and much more. We will try and restrict the number of surveys you are invited to complete to a maximum of one per week.
SCOTPULSE PANEL MEMBERSHIP
In order to become a member of the ScotPulse panel you must:
- be at least 16 years of age;
- be habitually resident in Scotland; and
- complete the registration process at www.scotpulse.com.
Once you have completed the registration process, we will send you an email that confirms you are a member of the ScotPulse panel.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By ticking “I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions” during the registration process to become a member of the ScotPulse Panel, by participating in any survey or by simply accessing and using the ScotPulse Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Should you not wish to accept these Terms and Conditions, you must discontinue your use of the ScotPulse website and our Services immediately.
ScotPulse reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or amend these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof, without notice to you. Your continued use of the ScotPulse Website or continued participation in the ScotPulse Panel indicates your continued agreement to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions.
HOW IT WORKS
As a member of the ScotPulse panel you will have the opportunity to share with us your views on a wide range of topics, services and products. You will be asked to participate in regular online surveys, most of which will take 5-10 minutes to complete. If you complete at least one survey a month you will be automatically entered in our monthly prize draw for that month. You may also be entitled to participate in special one off prize draws or one off payment incentives from time to time.
Where we carry out a survey for someone other than STV we will send your result data to that organisation.
However, at no time will we pass on any information that will enable you to be identified from that result data unless with your express consent.
Your participation in any survey is voluntary. You can cease to be a member of the ScotPulse panel at any time by sending an email to email@example.com and telling us. Upon receipt, you will be removed from our panel.
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As was explained above, completion of at least one survey in a month will result in your being automatically entered into our free monthly prize draw for that month. The terms and conditions of the prize draw are as follows unless we notify you otherwise:
- a prize draw will take place monthly;
- panel members who complete at least one survey in a month will be automatically entered in the prize draw for that month;
- only one entry per email address will be made;
- the winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants;
- the winner will be notified by email and delivery of the prize will be within 8 weeks of the confirmation email;
- there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes;
- the name of the winner(s) will be posted on the ScotPulse website and in other communications unless that person has told us not to do so;
- the winner will be asked if they are willing for a photograph of them to be used in ScotPulse communications and on the ScotPulse website.
USER NAME AND PASSWORD
During the registration process, you will be required to select a unique user name and password. You should keep your user name and password safe and not disclose it to anyone. Should you become aware that your password has been compromised, you shall immediately notify ScotPulse and change your password using the procedure on the Password Recovery page of the ScotPulse website. You will only be able to change it using this link if you are already logged in.
We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information provided by panel members during registration, answering a survey or otherwise. In no event shall we be liable for any claims, loss or damage (including direct or consequential loss), arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, our Services or the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the operation of the surveys and the associated prize draws and any incentives, except for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
LAWS AND GUIDELINES
ScotPulse follows the requirements of the following statute and codes:
- all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including without limitation: (i) European Union Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and all applicable national laws made under or pursuant to the GDPR; (ii) Directive 2002/58/EC (the “e-Privacy Directive”) and all applicable national laws implementing the e-Privacy Directive; (iii) any amendments or successor laws to any of the foregoing; and (iv) any applicable UK data protection laws that enter into force or otherwise apply following the date on which the UK leaves the European Union.
- Market Research Society (MRS) Code of Conduct;
- ESOMAR (European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research) International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and be construed in accordance with Scots law. Both you and ScotPulse agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts in respect of any dispute that may arise from or in connection with your use of our Services and/or these Terms and Conditions.
Last Updated 24 May 2018